Monday, July 10, 2006

When Walter met Jacqui





As today is our 7th Wedding Anniversary today, I thought it might be a good opportunity to tell the story of.........

When "Walter met Jacqui"

As you mostly all know, in 1997 I took myself off to the USA for a wonderful 3 month holiday, on my return I was quite unsettled and really felt that I would like to have someone to share the rest of my life with. I was going dancing twice a week, here in Bridgetown and wherever else in the South West, I had a couple of friends that I went with, in the hope of meeting that special someone.

Months went by, with me moaning to my friends that I hated being on my own, I had always felt we were made, man and woman, to be together. Well finally in August 1998, Bill, and dear friend came up with this idea. He composed an advertisment to go in our south west paper and it went like this....

WIFE classic 1938 model, Australian assembled, German engineering, well shod, low maintenance, a trifle noisy, been around the block a couple of times but running well, promises years of service to considerate, courteous owner, expressions of interest invited and tender documents returned, no tyre kickers please.Box #5266

Well after much discussion with family and friends I decided to put it in the paper.

This was the reply that came,

Dear 1938 BMW,

As I am also a 1938 vintage, German made, imported in 1954, with no ties, willing to give lifelong faithfull service and care to a classic model like this, ring me on 97263329,
Your hope to be future mechanic,

Walter.

Well after being called a BMW, what choice did I have, but to ring and after several phone conversations, we agreed to meet at a neutral place, and as we both liked what we saw and heard, we started going out and after a wonderful family christmas, we decided to get married the following July.

As one of my sons is a chaplin, he agreed to marry us, and Bill came to the rescue again with this wonderful invitation..

Family and friends of Jacqui Allen and Walter Berzel will be delighted to learn that their darling parents, Grandparents and friends have found new spouses. They intend to marry, by hook r by crook, come hell or high water, in the sight of God and Man and anyone else who cares to peer through the window at 12 noon 10th July 1999 at Ford House, Bridgetown WA.

As St Paul the apostle said;

"They cannot contain, let them marry, for it is better to marry than to burn."
1 Corinthians 7:9


Jacqui cannot be contained, dislikes being burnt and loves Walter very much.

Walter on the other hand, being a chap of mechanical bent, has "checked the old girl out, run her around the block, prodded the upholstery, kept a careful eye on the economy and declared her "sound", and now wants her transferred into his name.

The end result is the same. They are a good mixture of opposites, love each others company and wish to be together for the rest of their lives.

You are hereby invited to witness their marriage and partake of refreshments later. You will also witness the rather unusual sight of Jacqui's son Marcus officiating at his own mother's wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you have been up to.




4 comments:

Merle said...

Dear Jacqui ~~ A lovely post, and it sounds as though you two have really hit the jackpot. I enjoyed reading about this happy event. Love to you both.
Thanks for comments, glad you enjoy the jokes etc. Take care, Merle.

Granny said...

That's wonderful.

Peter said...

Great post Jacqui, I knew the story of course but it makes a good read, I see your son the Chaplain is up to his pedantics again.

DellaB said...

Jacqui.. beautiful beautiful love story - thank you for sharing it with us.

and .. I LOVE your clock bear... where on earth did you find that one?