Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Teddy Bears Picnic

A further installment to the "When Jacqui met Walter" story.

The above photo is of 4 of my very dear friends, who having decided that I, the bear lady, could not get married without any bears being present, so they collected and decorated the restaurant, with as many of my bears as they could find, and then went further than that. Morna, the white bear, composed new words to "The Teddy Bears Picnic" that went like this...

When we came out of the woods today, we all got a big surprise,

When we came out of the woods today, we couldn't beleive our eyes...

The Bridgetown Teddy Bear Lady they say, gets married to her Walter today

and she didn't invite her teddy bears to her wedding.


So we went back into the woods again and told all the friends of ours

to dress up quickly in festive gear and follow us to Ford House.

We didn't get an invite - who cares?

Our Jacqui can't get wed without bears,

she's got to have some teddy bears at her wedding!

As you can see they all donned bear suits and sang the song to us. I had absolutely no idea what they were up too, and it was a delightful surprise.

The 10th of July, is just about smack in the middle of our winter, and is normally very cold, yesterday for instance didn't get above 11degrees C., but on the day it was beautifully warm and sunny, the ceremony was conducted outside under a beautiful rose arbour, and it really was a perfect day.

I really am blessed to have such very special friends, they are just one more reason why I love this little town where I live. Bill, the one responsible for our meeting is the big bear on the right.

When I asked Alan, my oldest son, to give me away, he replied "Only if you are sure Walter is going to take you," they are all comedians, my sons, and take great pleasure in teasing me, but I love them anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mind is like a parachute, it works best when it is open.

4 comments:

Peter said...

Now that bit I hadn't heard, great story.

Here is a link to Warrens new Blog, go say G'day.

http://wazzasplace.blogspot.com/

Merle said...

Hi Jacqui ~ Nice story, like the words of Teddy Bear's Picnic. Also Alan's comment - he wasn't going to get stuck with you. Kids!! Take care, Merle.

JunieRose2005 said...

Wonderful!! :)

Junie

Granny said...

Our husband and wife pastors were named Bear (Andrew, Charlotte, and little Benjamin Bear - the 3 Bears)

When we held their going away dinner, the theme was (you guessed it - Teddy Bear's Picnic.