Sunday, June 25, 2006

No more travel tales

No more travel tales at the moment, we are trying to arrange our plans to travel to Germany and the US starting in September. We have agreed that as soon as it gets cold Walter is coming home and I am staying at least until Thanksgiving and longer if it hasn't snowed. I really want to experience a northern fall and winter again, and unless we win the lottery, this will be the last overseas trip, so I am determined to make the most of it.

No posting yesterday as Walter was trying to help a friend download something, we have two computers but only one can be connected to the internet at a time. Well, the attempted downloading went on most of the day and into the night, all to no avail, I'm glad to leave all that sort of thing to Walter. Like most men he hates to be beaten.

I took advantage of a beautiful day here, to do some work in the garden, I had bought a pond liner at a garage/yard sale and decided to install it. It was a deal of hard work but looks very good now that it is in place, just need to get some plants around it now, and maybe a waterlily or two to really set it off. It is just of our back porch, and as I love the sound of trickling water have installed a small pump which is sending water through an old tin watering can. I am very pleased with the effect. It was time to cut back the roses and other plants that had got out of hand. I ache in a few places, but that's OK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1st Woman: "Working full time and trying to do the housework really gets to me. After work, I came home, washed the clothes and the dishes, tommorow I have to do the floors and the front windows....."

2nd Woman: "What about your husband?"

1st Woman: "No way! he can wash himself!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

2 comments:

Granny said...

We have both computers hooked up but the 2nd one takes forever. Something isn't right because mine is very fast.

We have cable modem and a router (whatever that is).

JunieRose2005 said...

Jacqui,

It sounds like you had a very productive day with your garden things!

I hope next week I will feel up to doing some garden stuff!


Junie